Blog Hits

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Diets are dumb, no?

Halfway through Valentine's day! Its just a usual day, life goes on as usual. Anyway went to the movies this morning with Mom, and watched Safe House! The show was still alright, but the ending was kinda stupid thou. Like everyone died except for one. LOL. Struggled a little for breakfast as I didn't really felt like eating, so yeah. Thankfully I still ate something! Oh, and I got my menses back! Its looks like spotting but hopefully it'll be real this time:) And talking about lunch, I spent an hour deciding on what and where to eat! Walked around century square, sat at the food court, and left. Then walked to Tampines mall instead. Ended up @ the foodcourt too! Was really crowded as it was during lunch time! Andandand singaporean's culture- booking seats with tissue papers! Zomg. Apparently, majority of the tables at CS FC has at least a pack of tissue! It's so retarded seriously... Skip that! I finally had my favourite tsp for snack, 3 of them. 2salty, 1sweeeet. Yummmmm. Was kind of scared and anxious initially, but after some encouragement managed to do so! At least its a victory won over Ed, and that's good enough. One better than none, right? Struggles will never go away, but it will lessen once we learn to cope with them! I guess the important thing is that when faced with struggles, we shouldn't give in to Ed, cause it only makes Ed stronger and get a tighter grip on us. Its a lesson, be it a victory or defeat:) One day, so long as we hang in there, we'll all see the light ahead:) Rainbows! Rainbows appear after rain. Teehee. Btw, gonna share an article from Seventeen magazine!

"Why diets are dumb"
1. Instead of obsessing over calorie counts,
DO THIS: Use a mental checklist! Eating healthy isn't about the calories; its about the nutrients that are in those calories. If your body does not get what it needs, you'll suffer intense cravings that'll send you scarfing down everything in sight! So make sure every meal and snack has: Protein, Healthy carbs and Healthy fats!
2. Instead of Swearing off "bad" foods,
DO THIS: Eat smaller portions!
3. Instead of skipping meals,
DO THIS: Eat more often!

This got me thinking, and it does make sense if you ask me! I totally agree with it. Skipping meals will cause our metabolism to drop, and that makes it easier to put on weight and stuff. One reason why people develop an Eating Disorder too. I know it may be hard to challenge yourself if you have Ed, but look at point 2! No food is bad, sinful or unsafe. Those are all the Ed terms! Of course, there are some foods which are not so healthy, but our body need them to function as well! I guess many Ed victims enperienced bingeing when we deprived our body of food. So yeah, go for what you wanna have! Hard? Yes it is hard I know, I struggle with that too! But having a few pieces or so won't make any difference. Trust that your body will deal with that:) Moderation is key- I totally agree with this! That's rather the ideal diet, healthy lifestyle with exercise. When at a healthy weight, I did mention before! Psychologist said so too, that's the ideal answer. Which truly makes sense:) I'm gonna give myself a challenge! For me, I'm quite scared to eat stuffs like chicken rice etc for meals, and as for snacks, I'm only comfortable with having froyo. That's all. And fruits. Its pathetic, oh yes so pathetic! So I came up with an entire list of foods that I am gonna challenge myself to.

Main meals:
Chicken Rice
Curry chicken rice
Creamy pasta
Pizza
Bibimbap
Hokkien Mee
Char Kway Teow
Sweet Sour Pork Rice
Murtabak
Briyani

Snacks:
Fruit Tarts
Durian Puffs
Regular granola bars
Madeleine
Ice cream
Scones
Muffins
Waffle
Bubble Tea
Chocolate bar

Just 10 of each first. Ofcourse it won't be a daily challenge! I'll have my pace &those done will be posted!

Oh anyway, went to Food For Thought for dinner last night! So picturessszxxz:






No comments:

Post a Comment