Blog Hits

Friday, December 23, 2011

Discharged!

Hooray! Finally discharged. This is my shortest admission yet it felt like the longest. This is also the admission that I did learn coping stratgeries and etc. Doctor rounds was good today and had outside food. For the first time! So sick of hospital food. But "Outside Food"= Challenging foods. Trained to Ion Orchard with Netty, Hwee Ting, Hannah, Hui Lin and Kathy. Had already decided to have swensens last night so we just went ahead with it and did weekend planning there. Ok, I must say that the service there is horrible. Poor service. Its the second time I went there and it was still, poor service. That's way a number of customers left. We placed our orders and apparently waited for about 45mins to an hour! I mean its okay if we don't have anything on after lunch but we do! That's the problem. Anyway skip that. So I ordered American Cheeseburger Pizza and Cookies&Cream Ice-Cream Milk Shake. It was nice but OMG. Really a challenging meal esp when I can see the oil ooze out when cutting the pizza. Eeks. Trying to forget about that, it's so Ed. So I actually had 2 slices of American Cheeseburger Pizza and 2 slices of Pepperoni and cheese pizza. Its thin crust! I prefer thick one tho. With the drink yeah. Due to the poor service, we started lunch really late and reached the ward late too! Was supposed to see June at 2.30pm but ended up only reached the ward at 3pm or so. So she was speaking to my parents! Dangggg. Spoke to her with my parents after that and we actually planned out my meal for dinner tonight and tomorrow's meals and sunday's meals. So tonight I had Teochew Porridge. Light and nice. First meal out with parents after discharge and I somehow cheat. Not nice to mention about it. Then headed down to Nex to get groceries and stuffs for baking tomorrow! Mom got an oven so will do baking for Christmas! Baking Butter cake and Cranberry Upside Down Muffins. Baked those muffins during program too, just that it was blueberry instead. Was really crowded there, and poor dad couldn't join us cause there's no parking lot. Oh got breakfast too, at Breadtalk and SwissBake! All according to dietitian's agreement. Hahahaha but not the snack. I guess I really have to learn to not change my diet as and when after I planned. I really need a rigid meal plan in case Ed attacks and I skip/change any meals or snack. Ugh. I miss my home anyway esp my bed! Omg great. Anyway feeling quite disgusted now cause my tummy is really big. I had a durian too. LOL. But I don't know why its making me so damn uncomfortable. Trying really hard to not think about it! Gonna continue with my food diary again as usual as outpatient and I'll be decorating my recovery board again, owe a picture to Tina! Andandand I have 6 appointments, OMG that's like a lot. Really ALOT. It seems like I have so much things to do but yet I think I'll have nothing to do tomorrow. Hahaha its always been like that. So yeah I'm gonna plan out my meals and snack now and pass it to my Mom. Thats all :)

2 comments:

  1. hey there! :) i find your blog really an inspiration!
    i have a few questions about the treatment in sgh, i was wondering if you'd be able to help ans? :)
    um, are the dietitians there nice and friendly? they're supposed to come out with a meal plan for each individual right? are we allowed to 'bargain' or rather, discuss certain alternatives with them? what was your meal plan like? if you don't mind sharing :)
    i hope you'll be able to answer my queries! thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there, thanks! it means a lot:) well yeah, the medical team includes a few people and all of them are nice, that includes the dietitian. they do come up with a meal plan for you, depending on your diagnosis etc. hmm i dont really have a meal then back then as i self-recovered:)

    ReplyDelete